Charlotte Mecklenburg Library welcomes suggestions for new items to add to our collection to build a diverse, robust, and balanced collection. If you are interested in a title that is not in our catalog, please submit a suggestion for purchase and we’ll consider your request.
Please note: Only Charlotte Mecklenburg Library customers can make suggestions for the purchase of new library materials.
Suggest a Title for Charlotte Mecklenburg Library’s Collection
Charlotte Mecklenburg Library customers can request up to five items per month through our online catalog/Bibliocommons.
Before making your suggestion:
- Check our catalog to make sure we don't already carry the item.
- Is the suggested title an older publication (more than three years old)? Many older titles are no longer available for purchase. You may request an Interlibrary Loan.
- Is the suggested title from a bestselling author or a newly released feature film? Titles by bestselling authors are purchased three to four months in advance of the publication date. Most popular movie titles will be purchased within two months of the release date. Check the catalog periodically and place your hold when it shows up. This method will get you on the waiting list much faster than submitting a suggestion.
- Are you a local author interested in finding out how to get your title on our shelves? Information for local authors is here.
- NEW: The library no longer purchases music CDs for the circulating collection. Please check out our digital music options hoopla and Freegal on our Books and More page.
Ready to make your suggestion?
Log into your library account (a valid library card and PIN are required) via the catalog/Bibliocommons. Don’t have an account? Registration is easy! Review the steps here: https://help.bibliocommons.com/000getting/000registration/
Go to My Library Dashboard and click Submit a Suggestion to make a new suggestion.
Track the progress of your suggestion within your account in the Suggested This Month page (note: you must be logged in to view this page).