Charlotte Mecklenburg Library is thrilled to partner with Biblioboard in launching the NORTH CAROLINA AUTHOR PROJECT. From April 1, 2019 -May 31, 2019, North Carolina authors will be able to submit their unpublished or indie-published work for review by Library Journal and state judges.
Winners will receive:
- $500 each in Adult and Young Adult categories
- Honors at the Public Library Association Conference 2020 reception in Nashville
- Opportunities to promote your book(s) at North Carolina public libraries
- Inclusion in a full-page print spread in Library Journal
Each book that is submitted must be:
- Indie-published or unpublished
- In an Adult Fiction or Young Adult Fiction genre
- Written by a North Carolina resident
- Available in either ePUB or PDF file
Submitting Your E-Book
The Charlotte Mecklenburg Library offers two free resources, Pressbooks and SELF-e to create and upload professional-quality e-book and print ready files in ePUB, MOBI, and PDF formats. Using these resources, you can submit your book for review! See below for more information on these resources, or attend an in-person training at a library branch.*
Pressbooks is an easy-to-use online software that allows you to create professional-quality e-book and print ready files in ePUB, MOBI, and PDF formats.
SELF-e is a self-publishing program where local indie authors can share and publish their e-book through the Library.
If you do not wish to submit via Self-E or do not have a valid library card number with us, there will also be a separate submission page available for a direct upload. However, you can easily apply for an online library card here if you live in Mecklenburg County.
If you have questions, you can call your local library branch, or email email@example.com.
*In person trainings on Self-E & Pressbooks are open for registration. Click here to register.