The Library buys goods and services from many vendors in accordance with the Library Board of Trustees Bidding Policy, which is in compliance with applicable North Carolina statutes in regard to the purchase of goods and services. Vendors interested in doing business with the Library should refer to the appropriate contact or vendor application process provided for their area of goods or services, listed below.
Vendors who are selected to do business with the Library will be required to submit a copy of a current W-9.
Additionally, vendors who provide services on Library property will be required to provide a current Certificate of Insurance, made out to the Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County as the Certificate Holder, evidencing their insurance coverage in the following minimum amounts:
- General Liability Insurance in the amount of $1,000,000.
- Automobile Liability in the amount of $1,000,000.
- Excess/Umbrella Liability in the amount of $5,000,000.
- Workers Compensation and Employers’ Liability in the amount of $1,000,000 policy limit.
Open Requests for Proposal
- Ethernet Internet Service - The Public Library of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County d/b/a Charlotte Mecklenburg Library is soliciting quotes for Ethernet Internet Service for both single and multi-year contracts.
Advertising and Printing Vendors and Suppliers
Thank you for your interest in providing advertising and/or printing services for Charlotte Mecklenburg Library. We accept bids for new vendor contracts on an annual basis, which begins in March and ends in June of each fiscal year. Should you wish to be considered for services at that time, please submit the following information in writing to the address below.
- The name of your company/organization and all relative business contact information.
- Information about products, services or supplies your company offers.
- References with contact numbers for the services/products you provide.
- Business qualifications and professional license information.
IT includes hardware, software, storage, security, web services, network, security, and WiFi. The Library's IT infrastructure procurement is managed by Mecklenburg County's Procurement Division. For more information visit County Procurement's web page.
Facilities services include janitorial, landscaping, capital projects, security services, and maintenance supplies. The Library's landscaping, grounds maintenance, janitoral, construction administration and capital improvement services are managed by Mecklenburg County's Asset and Facility Management Division.For more information, including contract opportunities and staff contacts, visit the Asset and Facility Manangement web page.
Submitting Your Information
Mail all information to:
Charlotte Mecklenburg Library Administrative Offices
310 N. Tryon St.
Charlotte, NC 28202
Your information will be kept in our files for future Library needs. Please do not contact the Library regarding the information you have forwarded to us. Should we require your services, we will contact you. Please note that vendors who are selected to do business with the Library will be required to submit a copy of a current W‐9. Again, thank you for your interest in becoming a Charlotte Mecklenburg Library vendor.