Dear Library cardholders, customers and supporters,
Please be advised that due to a major computer system upgrade, a system-wide service interruption will occur on Monday and Tuesday, Feb. 25 and 26, 2019.
Due to this upgrade, unfortunately all online and some money-related services will be affected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by this interruption - it is unavoidable in this type of major system upgrade. Systems are expected to return online Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2019.
During this time, all items and holds will be placed on a ‘holiday’ calendar, which means no items will be due nor will expire during this time. All affected dates will be extended to Feb. 28, 2019.
Services that will be offline or unavailable:
- Most online resources will not be able to authenticate users because of the connection to our system. This includes e-books, audiobooks, journals, magazines, streaming music and videos. Affected vendors include, but are not limited to: CultureGrams, Freegal Music, Lynda.com, RBDigital, OverDrive, NCKids, NCLive, Mango Languages. (Only hoopla will be unaffected during this time.)
- Note: Items or holds downloaded through one of these systems on or before Sunday, Feb. 24, will not be affected. However, online access to materials will not be available during this time.
- Bibliocommons will have limited functionality only for item search (https://cmlibrary.bibliocommons.com)
- Mobile app
- Online and in-person fees and fine payment
- Interlibrary loans
- Laptop checkout kiosks (at Morrison Regional and West Boulevard locations)
- Card lookup
- Book club kit system
- Computer use in Library locations
- Materials checked out by circulation staff
- Payments for book sale items and room reserve
Also, as of Feb. 25, 2019, the classic catalog option will no longer be available (hip.cmlibrary.org). After that date, you should use the Bibliocommons link for account information.
Again, thank you for your patience during this system upgrade as we return to providing high-quality services to you. We expect all processes to return online on Feb. 27, 2019.