Are you looking for work in the Charlotte area?
To celebrate Job Readiness Week, September 11-16, Charlotte Mecklenburg Library's Job Help Center is set to host a series of classes and two job fairs in Uptown Charlotte.
The Job Help Center is excited to host its second annual Job Fair on Thursday, September 14 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Main Library. Job seekers should bring resumes, dress to impress and be ready to meet with more than 30 different employers.
Companies that will be present include:
- AAA Carolinas
- Bank of America Stadium - Delaware North
- Blumenthal Performing Arts Center
- Bojangles' Restaurants
- The Budd Group
- Centralina Area Agency on Aging
- Charlotte Area Fund, Inc.
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools
- Chartwell Staffing Solutions
- Faithful Nurses Healthcare, Inc.
- FedEx Ground
- GITI Tire USA, Ltd.
- Home Instead Senior Care
- Hunter Woods Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Jennifer Temps, Inc.
- Kelly Services (Educational Division)
- Labor Finders
- Mecklenburg County
- Mecklenburg County DSS Employment & Training Program
- Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Office
- Men's Shelter of Charlotte
- Omni Charlotte Hotel
- Plant Partners, Inc.
- Publix Super Markets, Inc.
- The Reserves Network
- Trojan Labor
- United Parcel Service (UPS)
- United States Postal Service (USPS)
- Worldwide Staffing
Are you ready to impress?
The Job Help Center is also hosting a series of classes to prepare job seekers for the September 14 Job Fair and others! You can register for these classes online or by calling the Job Help Center at 704-416-0500.
Personal Branding to Market Yourself
Monday, September 11 at 6 p.m.
Networking with LinkedIn
Tuesday, September 12 at 6 p.m.
Preparing Your Elevator Speech
Wednesday, September 13 at 6 p.m.
Young adults (ages 16-24) can also attend a Teen Job Fair, which will be held at ImaginOn, Saturday, September 16 from 12-3 p.m.
For more information about how the Library can help prepare you for the workforce, visit cmlibrary.org/services/job-help.