Did you know that the Library offers customers free access to lynda.com's expansive library of instructional videos?
Normally, using lynda.com requires a paid subscription, but Charlotte Mecklenburg Library cardholders can access lynda.com content with just their library card number or ONE Access account and password.
Turn on. Log in. Get smart.
Become an expert in that thing you've always wanted to know more about by creating your own tutorial playlists or browsing lynda.com's "Learning Paths"—bundled turorials designed to provide a crash course for a particular topic.
Lynda.com courses are taught by industry professionals with real-world experience and can be filtered by category, length, skill level and more to provide a personalized, reliable learning experience.
So, what's available with lynda.com?
Over 3,000 courses (and more than 130,000 videos) in popular fields like web design, web development, IT, education/instruction, media production and business. Most tutorials last several hours, but are broken into multiple chapters.
- Photography: how to shoot photos that tell a story, choose the right gear, edit photos and more.
- Software: Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and more.
- Web design: Web graphics, Interactive Design, Prototyping and more.
- Social media and web publishing tools like Facebook, Twitter and Wordpress.
- Business and career skills: productivity, marketing, time management and more.
- Job Search Tools: Resume design, Searching for Positions, Working with Recruiters and more.
Don't know where to start?
Those who aren't sure what they need can browse curated playlists to get started in any subject. These playlists are like a mix tape—they're a great way to discover new topics you never knew you wanted to learn.
If you do have a library card, start using lynda.com right now. Once you are logged in to lynda.com, the next step is to create a personalized account by entering a name and e-mail address. This account can help manage your course history, playlists, bookmarks and Certificates of Completion.
What are you waiting for?
Take a closer look at lynda.com today and discover a new skill you'd like to learn—on your time!