April is National Science month! This selection of book titles will inspire curiosity and exploration among all ages.
Dana Eure, the Library's Associate Director of Lifelong Learning shared library favorites on WCNC's "Charlotte Today" on Thursday, April 20. All of the titles are available on our the library catalog. Here's a listing:
- A spectacularly genre-busting, ambitious, and charming debut--part quest novel, part love story and part virtual space opera.
- Amy Stewart explores the dizzying array of herbs, flowers, trees, fruits, and fungi that humans have, through ingenuity, inspiration, and sheer desperation, contrived to transform into alcohol over the centuries.
- Two teenagers plan a secret rescue and learn so much more.
- Ada Twist takes on science and the world!
- Phyics is everywhere and for everyone! This book helps children discover and learn.
- Tory Brennan is the leader of a band of teenage 'sci-philes' who live on an island off the coast of South Carolina and when the group rescues a dog caged for medical testing, they are exposed to an experimental strain of canine parvovirus that changes their lives forever.