Looking for gift ideas? Books always make a great choice.
Librarian picks for gift giving
- Commonwealth: A Novel by Ann Patchett – Ann Patchett has always had a loyal following and the popularity of this title proves she has not lost her appeal.
- Before The Fall by Noah Hawley – Noah Hawley, well-known for creating the series “Fargo,” is becoming just as well-known for his novels. This gripping story of plane crash survivors is one of the top Adult Fiction reads of the year.
- Deep Run Roots: Stories and Recipes From My Corner of the South by Vivian Howard—a regional chef with her own PBS award-winning show, in addition to two popular restaurants in Kinston, North Carolina—offers up a cookbook of southern recipes and stories sure to become a classic.
For children and teens:
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard – Aveyard is a popular Young Adult author, and Red Queen is the first title in her debut fantasy trilogy. The highly-anticipated movie is in the works. The second title in the trilogy, Glass Sword, came out recently, with a third title due early next year.
- Animal ! DK Smithsonian Knowledge Encyclopedia by John Woodward – A beautifully illustrated encyclopedia of the animal kingdom, and a wonderful selection for young animal lovers.
- If You Give A Mouse A Brownie by Laura Numeroff – Finally, it’s here! The long awaited ninth picture book in the bestselling “If you give..." series. If you give a mouse a brownie, what comes next?
Another way to give the gift of reading
During this season of giving, a gift in a loved one’s honor to the Charlotte Mecklenburg Library Foundation is an investment in literacy and learning for our whole community. We hope you will consider adding the Library to your list this holiday season!