Borrowing: it's as easy as 3-3-2!
Items borrowed from the Library can be returned to any of our locations.
- 3 Weeks - All items can be borrowed for three weeks, except new release and fiction DVDs.
- 3 Days - New release and fiction DVDs can be borrowed for three days.
- 2 Times - Avoid late fees. Renew items up to two times before the due date. Exceptions include items that have holds waiting, rental DVDs, rental bestsellers and Interlibrary Loans.
The Library charges overdue fines for materials returned after the due date, excluding Sundays and holidays.
- Overdue fines are $.25/day for most items.
- Overdue fines are $1/day for DVDs and Interlibrary Loans.
- The maximum overdue fine is $10 for any individual item, except Interlibrary Loans.
- Fines and fees may be paid in person at any library, or online.
- The balance an individual can carry on their account and still check out books or use library computers must be under $5.
The Library charges fees in order to pass along to the individual borrower those costs associated with rental items or damaged or lost materials checked out on his/her card.
|Lost Library card
||Varies according to the amount the lending library charges.
|Non-Resident Library card
||$45.00 yearly fee per family ($35.00 for adults 62 and over)
|Internet Day Pass
||$.20 per page
|Printing- Black & White
||$.20 per page
||$.50 per page
|Rental Best Seller
||$2.00 for 3 week rental
|Rental DVD (New feature films only, with green label.)
||$2.00 for 3 day rental
Lost & Damaged Items
The Library loans materials freely to patrons, trusting in the patronís honesty and good intentions. If materials are lost or damaged, the individual borrower is charged the appropriate costs to replace the item.
- An item is automatically declared lost by the Library if it has been overdue 60 days. A final courtesy notice is mailed to the patron at 30 days, giving the borrower 30 additional days to return the item or declare it lost and pay for it.
- The borrower is responsible for the cost of the lost item. The cost is usually the retail cost at time of purchase of the original item. If the item is older or the original cost in unknown, a default cost is applied.
- The Library will refund lost item payments less accrued fines upon presentation of the item within 12 months of payment. Thereafter, no refunds are made.
About Borrowing DVDs
The Library assumes no responsibility for damage caused to a borrower's equipment by a Library DVD. The Library DVD collection is for home use only, unless labeled for other use. Library DVDs are loaned with the understanding that admission fees will not be charged when they are shown.