A whole new world awaits you.
Apply for your library card today.
If you have ever had a library card or have lost your card, please do not fill out an application. Please contact your local branch or call (704) 416-0100 for information on getting a replacement card.
Can't wait for a card to be mailed? Apply in person at your nearest library and get your card immediately. Be sure to bring a photo ID with your current address.
- If you are age 12 or older, you can use the form below to apply for your library card online. You'll need to bring ID to your branch before checking out items with your new card. If you have questions or want more information about library cards, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact us via e-mail.
- If you are age 11 or under, you must submit your application in person at one of our branches. For more information and an application you can print out, please see our application for patrons age 11 and under Free Reader. For children under age 5, we offer a special “Born Reader” card with a teddy bear design.
- Teacher Loan Cards are available by request to Mecklenburg County teachers, allowing an extended borrowing period. You must apply for Teacher Loan cards in person and present documentation of your eligibility. Learn more
- If you live outside Mecklenburg County, you can still obtain a non-resident library card for a fee (read more about non-residents cards). Use the form below to fill out your application and you will be prompted to purchase a non-resident card using our secure server.
- Educators and school media specialists: Want to conduct a library card drive at your school? Download our kit to get started.
All fields marked with * are required fields.